On this page Hide table of contents
There are plenty of reasons to enjoy a single life! You can sleep in as late as you want, you don’t have to share your food, and you can spend your money however you please. But being single also has its challenges. It can be lonely at times, and you may feel like you’re missing out on the benefits of a relationship.
If you’re single, don’t despair. Embrace the freedom of being unattached and use it to live your best life. Here are some inspirational quotes about being single to help you do that!
1. “Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree.”
Here, this quote teaches you how to raise your standards and set boundaries! She’s not wrong when it comes to finding out yourself first and realizing your potential so anyone else can see it too.
2. “Being single is better than being with the wrong person.”
Tell us it’s not true! Being single has perks like freedom and authenticity instead of being stuck with someone that suppresses you from being the best version of yourself.
3. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” - Oscar Wilde
Do you know who you’ll spend the rest of your life with? Yourself! If you genuinely love yourself, you are already taking care of the most important relationship you could ever have in this lifetime. This quote only means that before loving anyone else, start with you first!
4. “Single lady, the man you want might not necessarily be the man you need.”
This one is for the ladies out there. So remind yourself that wanting someone doesn’t always indicate that they’re for us. The one for us will come someday, and it will feel like rain on a desert!
5. “My alone feels so good; I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” - Warsan Shire
Why would you settle for a relationship less fulfilling than when you are single? Here we are reminded that relationships should feel better or even be sweeter than when you aren’t.
6. “I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.”
This quote reminds us of our endless freedom when we are single! I mean, it’s not wrong. We don’t have to tell anyone what we do or where we’re going. We go!
7. “You’re single not because you are not good enough for one; it’s that you’re too good for the wrong one.”
Clapback with a statement that rings true for anyone who has ever spent time with someone ungrateful for your presence and company!
8. “I’ve been single for a while, and I have to say, It’s going well. Like… It’s working out. I think I’m the one.” - Emily Hunter
Here Emily realizes what being single is about! The ultimate relationship is with ourselves, and it must be cherished.
9. “Being single means you are strong enough to wait for what you deserve.” - Niall Horan
Remind yourself of what Nial from One Direction says if you’re a little sick of being single. He knows what’s up!
10. ″To be single and feel lonely is understandable, but to be in a relationship and feel lonely that’s unacceptable."
Imagine having a partner but still feeling alone and unfulfilled. That’s not true love! You will be unhappy in a relationship if you’re unhappy with yourself. It’s essential to love and appreciate yourself first and foremost.
11. “Single is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” - Mandy Hale
Mandy Hale has lived a fulfilling single life. Judging from how she defines “single” you can be sure that she’s enjoyed plenty of experiences that don’t require a partner’s approval (and denial)!
12. “Don’t misunderstand me; I don’t want to die alone, but spending quality time with myself 60 to 70 percent of the day is my idea of mecca. " - Issa Rae
Nobody wants to die alone, and Issa Rae does make a great point. We are living most of our lives with our own company, and might as well make the most of it and make sure that we spend only quality time with ourselves.
13. “Never marry at all, Dorian. Men marry because they are tired, women because they are curious: and both are disappointed.” -Oscar Wilde
Oscar may be hinting that a reason to get married or leave the single life here is more than being tired or curious! And it is! It must be about things like love, devotion, and all that mushy stuff.
14. “I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” - Henry David Thoreau
Henry is a poet and philosopher and a true master of being single! He’s probably spent so much time achieving dreams and goals all by himself that he’s realized it’s not all that bad.
15. “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us.” - Pablo Neruda
Pablo’s right to forget those who don’t give a shit about us. Because why should we? That’s a waste of time and energy!
Words of wisdom about being single come from your woke friends! They can come from your history lesson of the day’s philosopher, a poet, a book author, a director, or your favorite boy band singer! That way, you get to learn that even if they go through breakups and eventually live single lives, that pushes them to see the good side of being single.
The best self-care books to help you relax and unwind
Self-care is important for everyone, regardless of occupation or lifestyle. It’s the practice of taking time out for yourself to relax and rejuvenate and can be anything from a hot bath to reading your favorite book. If you’re looking for some self-care inspiration, check out our list of the best self-care books to help you heal and restore your soul.
- The Self-Care Solution: A Year of Becoming Happier, Healthier, and Fitter--One Month at a Time
- Self-Care for Black Women: 150 Ways to Radically Accept & Prioritize Your Mind, Body, & Soul
- The Just Girl Project Book of Self-Care: An Illustrated Guide for Young Women to Practice Self-Love, Self-Compassion & Mindfulness with Fun and Flair
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
- Eliminate Negative Thinking: How to Overcome Negativity, Control Your Thoughts, And Stop Overthinking. Shift Your Focus into Positive Thinking, Self-Acceptance, And Radical Self Love