Asking someone to be your girlfriend can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together some ideas on how to ask someone to be your girlfriend that are sure to make her say yes. No matter what method you choose, just make sure you express how much you care for and love her. And of course, be prepared for the answer, whatever it may be!
8 ways to ask a girl to be your girlfriend
So, you like a girl and you want to ask her to be your girlfriend. Congratulations! It’s an exciting step in a relationship. You can’t control whether or not she says yes but you can still show her how much you care and love her. Here are eight ideas on how to ask a girl to be your girlfriend.
1. The direct approach
If you really like her, why not go straight to the source and ask directly? Be straightforward; it’s classic and will never go out of style. Simply tell her that you want to be with her, and ask if she feels the same way. Remember though, no matter how confident you are, rejection still hurts! If you don’t feel ready for it, you could always try another method first.
2. Flowers and chocolates
Everyone loves flowers and chocolate! It’s a classic way to ask her. If you’re at that stage where you feel like it’s time to be official, then this is the perfect option for you. Get down on one knee, present her with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers she has ever seen (or buy whatever flower she likes best) and a box of her favorite chocolates. Then, simply pop the question!
3. Cooking her a romantic dinner
If you’re looking for a romantic way to ask her, then this is it! This idea really does take the phrase “home-made” to heart. If you can cook, this is your golden opportunity to show her how much you love her. Make her a dinner she will never forget. Get everything ready and take her to the dining table. Once you’ve lit up some candles and opened a bottle of wine, just ask!
4. Write her a heartfelt letter
Sometimes, the best way to ask someone something is to write it down. If you’re hesitant of speaking your feelings out loud, then this method might be perfect for you! Simply hand her a letter asking her to be your girlfriend. You can even include some heartfelt reasons as to why you love her so much.
5. Take her on a special date
If you want her to be officially yours, this is the best way to ask. Be romantic and take her somewhere special! Spend some quality time together and ask her in the most creative way possible. For example, you could recreate your first date and ask her there. This will be a very special moment for both of you!
6. Get her a personalized gift
If you want to go for something sentimental, this is a great way. You could get her a necklace with both of your initials on, or have some other symbol engraved! This will show her how much she means to you and how important she is in your life. Make sure you present the gift together with a heartfelt letter that asks her to be your girlfriend.
7. Write a cute poem for her
If you’re into words, then this is perfect. You can be creative and write your own poem asking her to be your girlfriend. However, if you can’t think of anything, there are plenty of examples online for inspiration! Make sure it’s short and sweet, but heartfelt.
8. Write a song for her
Songs are perfect because you can express your love and feelings through music. If you’re musically inclined, then this is a great way to ask her! Make sure the song is endearing and romantic; though cheesy lines are fine as long as they come from the heart. Then just play it for her! If she doesn’t realize what it’s about, you can always come up with a subtle way to ask her.
Will you be my girlfriend? 15 Creative Wording Ideas
Are you looking for creative ways to ask your crush to be your girlfriend but don’t know how to express your true feelings? Well, you’ve come to the right place because we have plenty of cute ideas for asking her! You can use any of these lines or even mix and match them.
- You always make me smile, even on the worst days. There are plenty more reasons why I love you, but will you be my girlfriend first?
- At this moment in time, I’m really happy to be friends with you. However, if I could get the chance to be your boyfriend, it would be amazing. So what do you say?
- If we were together in a different setting, I really think we’d be amazing boyfriend and girlfriend. What do you say? Do you agree?
- You’re one of my closest friends and that means something to me. We get along so well, and I enjoy spending time with you. So the thing is…I want to ask if you’d like to be my girlfriend.
- I’ve realized that you’re an important part of my life, and I want you to know that I appreciate everything that you do. So, what do you say? Will you be my girlfriend?
- There’s something about us that feels so right. And I can’t really put it into words, but there’s just something different and amazing about us. So I’m wondering if you’d like to become my girlfriend?
- I’ve realized that there’s no one else quite like you in this world. You’re perfect and wonderful, and we fit together really well. That’s why I think we should start dating! What do you say?
- There are so many reasons why you should be my girlfriend, but I don’t want to overwhelm you with compliments. Instead, I’m going to give my heart to you and hope that it’s enough for now.
- I think it’s about time we make things official what do you say? Will you be my girlfriend?
- There are a lot of things about me that aren’t perfect. And I know that there must be a million reasons why you shouldn’t want to be with me. However, there’s one really big reason why you should be my girlfriend…and it’s because I love you more than anything else in the world!
- The truth is that I can’t imagine my life without you anymore. You make me feel so special and complete, and I don’t want to go even a day without being able to tell you these things. Will you be my girlfriend?
- So, what do you say about the idea of being my girlfriend? Let me know if that’s something that interests you!
- You’ve changed my life for the better and I’m really happy whenever I think about us together. So will you be my girlfriend?
- When I first met you, I never thought that you would become such a big part of my life. But I’m glad to say that you have, and I’d like to take it a step further by asking if you want to be my girlfriend?
- You’re such a good friend and I’ve never felt closer to anyone before. However, I feel like there could be a chance for us to become even closer…and I hope that you feel the same way! What do you say?
Go out there and start wooing the girl of your dreams! Remember, the most important thing is to be genuine, authentic, and true to yourself when asking this question.
The truth about dating: Books you need to read
If you’re looking for advice on how to have more success when it comes to dating, then you’ll want to check out these reads. Each can teach you something different about the process, from being more confident in yourself to reading other people’s signals correctly. So whether you’re just starting or have been dating for a while and could use help, check out these titles.
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships
- Love: The Psychology of Attraction: A Practical Guide to Successful Dating and a Happy Relationship
- Seriously, This Is Online Dating?: How to Love Yourself Harder and Date Smarter
- Single, Dating, Engaged, Married: Navigating Life and Love in the Modern Age
- Things You Should Already Know About Dating, You F*cking Idiot