It’s important for married couples to communicate openly and frequently. Part of maintaining a healthy marriage is being curious about your partner’s thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
If you’re looking for things to talk about with your husband to level up the communication in your relationship, here are some great questions for couples to get the conversation started and connect with your spouse on a deeper level.
15 fun questions to ask your husband
If you’re looking for some fun and light-hearted questions to ask your husband, here are a few of our favorites:
1. If your partner was an animal, what animal would they be?
Are they a loyal dog or an independent cat? Do they have the energy of a bunny or the chillness of a sloth?
2. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
This question is a great way to get to know your husband’s interests and passions.
3. Who is or was your celebrity crush?
Is or was there a famous person that your husband has always been attracted to? This can be a fun way to reminisce about crushes from the past or current celebrities that you both find attractive.
4. What’s your favorite smell?
Does your husband have a particular scent that he loves? This could be anything from the smell of fresh laundry to his favorite cologne.
5. What’s your comfort food?
Everybody has that one food that they love to eat when they’re feeling down or just want something comforting. Find out what your husband’s comfort food is, and maybe you can make it for him the next time he’s feeling blue.
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
Some people loved school while others dreaded it. Find out what your husband’s favorite subject was and why he enjoyed it so much.
7. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
This question is a great way to get to know your spouse better and learn about their childhood.
8. If money was no object, what would be the first thing you’ll do right now?
Do they have a dream vacation they’ve always wanted to take? Maybe they’d buy a new car or house. Or maybe they’d just donate a large sum of money to their favorite charity.
9. What is your favorite weather, and why?
Is your husband a fan of sunny days or does he prefer the rain? Find out what kind of weather he enjoys and why.
10. What fictional place would you like to visit?
Do they want to explore the magical world of Harry Potter? Or maybe they’d like to visit the kingdom of Wakanda from Black Panther.
11. What’s your favorite family tradition?
This question is a great way to learn about your husband’s family and the traditions that are important to them.
12. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
This question is always fun to ask because it’s interesting to see what kind of superpowers people would want.
13. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
Is there something that your husband has always wanted to do but hasn’t had the chance yet? Maybe it’s a bungee jump off a bridge or skydiving.
14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
It’s always fun to hear about the crazy and daring things that people have done in their lives.
15. What’s one thing that always makes you laugh?
What is it that always makes your husband laugh? Is it a particular TV show, movie, or book? Or maybe it’s something that you do.
15 relationship questions to ask your husband
These intimate questions for couples are perfect for getting to know your partner on a deeper level and building a stronger relationship.
1. What’s your favorite memory of us together as a couple?
This question is a great way to reminisce about happy memories and to get your husband’s perspective on what he enjoys most about your relationship.
2. How do you think our relationship has changed since we got married?
This question can help you to gauge how your husband feels about the evolution of your relationship and what changes he has noticed.
3. What’s one thing that annoys you about me, but you still love me anyway?
This question can be tough to answer, but it’s a great way to learn about the little things that bother your husband and to see how much he still loves you despite them.
4. What personality traits do you love and appreciate about your partner?
What character traits does your husband love about you? This question is a great way to boost your self-esteem and feel loved and appreciated.
5. What do you think makes us unique as a couple?
This question can help you to see your relationship from his perspective and appreciate the qualities that make your relationship special.
6. How well do you think you communicate in your relationship?
Communication is key to any relationship, so this question can help you to gauge the health of yours. If your husband feels like he could improve in this area, make a plan to work on your communication skills together.
7. What physical features do you like most about me?
This question is a great way to make your husband feel appreciated and loved. He’ll likely appreciate hearing about the physical features that you find attractive.
8. What’s your favorite way to spend quality time with me?
Is your husband’s favorite way to spend time with you cuddling on the couch, watching TV, or going out for a night on the town? Find out so you can make sure to include more of his favorite activities in your quality time together.
9. What do you think is the most important thing we can do to keep our relationship strong?
This question can give you some insight into what your husband feels is most important in a relationship and what he believes you should work on together.
10. Where do you see us in 5 years? 10 years?
This question can help you to gauge your husband’s long-term plans and dreams for your relationship. It can also give you a better idea of where he sees you both fitting into those plans.
11. What are three things you’re grateful for in our relationship?
This question is a great way to make your husband feel appreciated and loved. It’s also a reminder for both of you to focus on the positive aspects of your relationship.
12. Do you remember the first time we met? What were your first impressions of me?
It’s always sweet to reminisce about how you first met and what your first impressions of each other were. It can be a fun way to look back on your relationship and see how far you’ve come.
13. What was the most romantic thing your husband has ever done for you?
Romance doesn’t have to be expensive or grandiose. Sometimes the most romantic things are the simple, everyday gestures that show you’re loved and cherished.
14. What’s your favorite thing about being married?
There are many wonderful things about being married, but each person has their own favorite thing. It can be nice to hear why your husband loves being married to you.
15. What are your thoughts on open marriage?
Some couples choose to have an open marriage, which means they are free to pursue AAA relationships outside of their marriage. What does your husband think about this arrangement?
15 deep questions to ask your husband
These thought-provoking, open-ended questions will lead to deep conversations and help you learn more about your husband’s inner thoughts and feelings.
1. What do you think is the key to a happy and successful marriage?
There are many things that contribute to a happy and successful marriage, but each person has their own key ingredient. What does your husband think is essential for a strong and lasting marriage?
2. What do you think is the meaning of life?
This is a big question that can lead to hours of conversation! Everyone has their own beliefs about what the meaning of life is, and it can be interesting to hear your husband’s thoughts on the matter.
3. Do you believe in extraterrestrial life? Why or why not?
There are many theories about whether or not extraterrestrial life exists. What does your husband think about this topic?
4. What’s your biggest fear?
We all have fears, some big and some small. It can be helpful to know what your husband’s biggest fear is so you can be supportive and understanding if he ever needs to face it.
5. What do you think happens to us after we die?
There are many different beliefs about what happens to us after we die. What does your husband think happens to our souls? Does he believe in souls?
6. What do you think is the most important thing to focus on in life?
There are many things that are important in life, but everyone has their own priorities. What does your husband think is the most important thing to focus on?
7. What do you think is the biggest mistake people make in life?
That’s an interesting question. Do you think people make a lot of mistakes? Do you think that there is one particular mistake that is bigger than the others?
8. What do you think is the best way to live a meaningful and fulfilling life?
Everybody wants to live a meaningful and fulfilling life, but there are many different ways to achieve this. What does your husband think is the best way to live a life with purpose?
9. What do you think is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
It’s always interesting to hear the different lessons people have learned in life. What has been the most important lesson your husband has learned?
10. What do you think is the most important thing to remember during tough times in a relationship?
This question can help you gain some insight into how your husband deals with difficult times in a relationship.
11. What do you think is the best way to deal with conflict in a relationship?
Conflict is inevitable in any relationship. It’s important to know how your husband prefers to deal with conflict so you can be on the same page when disagreements arise.
12. What do you think is the best way to show love and affection in a relationship?
Everyone has their own love language, and it’s important to know what your husband’s is. This question can help you understand how he likes to receive love and affection.
13. If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
This question can give you some insight into your husband’s regrets and what he would do differently if given the chance.
14. How do you define love?
Love means something different to everyone. It’s interesting to hear your husband’s thoughts on what love is and how he has experienced it in his life.
15. What does happiness mean to you?
Happiness is another one of those concepts that means different things to different people. What does happiness look like to your husband? What does it feel like?
So, there you have it! 45 questions to ask your husband that will start some interesting conversations. These questions can help you get to know your husband better and understand his thoughts on some big topics. If you’re looking for more marriage advice, head over to this article!
Secrets to a healthy relationship: Books every couple should read
It's no secret that a healthy relationship is key in a long-lasting and fulfilling relationship. This list of books about healthy relationships will help you learn how to communicate better, resolve conflict, and deepen your connection. From classic self-help books to more modern reads, these titles will give you the tools you need to build a strong and healthy relationship.
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships
- Love in Every Season: Understanding the Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship
- Love More, Fight Less: Communication Skills Every Couple Needs: A Relationship Workbook for Couples
- Infidelity Recovery Workbook for Couples: Tools and Exercises to Rebuild Your Relationship
- Healthy Me, Healthy Us: Your Relationships Are Only as Strong as You Are