This Father’s Day, take the opportunity to express your gratitude for all that your amazing husband has done for your family with some heartfelt quotes. Fathers play a huge role in the lives of their children, and active fathers will often go above and beyond to make sure they’re happy and healthy. Parental engagement in their children’s lives is one of the most important things a father can do, and their children will hugely benefit from these efforts later in life. 1
So, send a text, write a card, or post on social media to let him know how much you appreciate him. Here are 16 of our favorite fatherhood quotes to get you started:
The best fathers day quotes from wife to husband
As wives, we often want to find the perfect way to show our husbands how much we appreciate them. Why not start with one of these great fathers day quotes from wife to husband? These heartfelt messages are sure to touch his heart and make him feel loved.
1. “To the world you are a father, but to our family, you are the world.”
Parenting is hard work and can be thankless at times, but it can also be just as rewarding. 2 Seeing your husband be an amazing father is one of the best parts of being a wife and mother. Show your husband how much you appreciate all that he does for your family with this touching quote. He is the center of your world, and you are so grateful for all that he does for you.
2. “Thank you for being the best father our children could ever ask for. We love you more than you could ever know.”
Often, in families, one parent would be more involved in their children’s lives than the other. If your husband is just as active and present in your children’s lives as you are, let him know how much you appreciate it with this quote. It takes a lot of work to be a great father, and when both of you are involved in your children’s lives, it makes for a more well-rounded and happy family. Both of you can influence children’s health and physical activity habits, so let him know that you are grateful for everything he does to make your family happy and healthy. 3
3. “I’m so blessed to have a husband who is not only my best friend but the best father our children could ever ask for. I love you.”
Parenting is a team effort, so this is a perfect quote to let your husband know how much you appreciate him. Reminding him that you love him is also a great way to show your appreciation. He is your best friend and the father of your children, so let him know how lucky you are to have him in your life.
4. “Thank you for always being there for our family. We love you so much!”
Parent-child relationships can influence a child’s well-being and ability to form and maintain healthy relationships, so it is important to have a supportive and present father. 4 If your husband is always there for your family, whether it be emotionally or physically, this quote is perfect for showing him how an amazing support system he is for you and your children.
5. “You may not be perfect, but you’re perfect for us. We love you; happy Father’s Day!”
Affirming that your husband is perfect for you and your family is a great way to show how much you appreciate him. He may not be perfect (as no one is), but he is perfect for you and your children. He has all of the qualities that you need in a husband and father, so tell him how lucky you are to have him.
Meaningful quotes for fathers day from wives
These meaningful quotes from wives will let dad know just how cherished he is. So take a few minutes to write down your thoughts and put them into words; it will be worth it when you see the smile on dad’s face this Father’s Day!
1. “It takes a man of gentleness and patience, strength and compassion to be the fine example of fatherhood that you’ve been.”
This quote is perfect for showing your husband how much you admire and respect him. Compassion, empathy, and understanding are basic components of a great and supportive parent, and your husband has all of these qualities. 5 He is a strong and gentle man who has been an amazing example to your children, and you are so grateful for all that he has done for your family.
2. “I’m so grateful to be sharing my life with the most amazing man and father I’ve ever met. I love you more than words could ever say.”
This quote expresses the deep love and gratitude you have for your husband. He is an amazing man and father, and you are so lucky to be sharing your life with him. Words cannot express how much you love and appreciate him, so this quote is the perfect way to show him.
3. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad.” - Anne Geddes
It’s easy to be a biological father, but it takes a lot more to be a dad. Dads who are present and involved in their children’s lives can provide crucial emotional and physical support, especially during the child’s early years. 6 This Father’s Day, tell your husband how grateful you are that he is such an amazing and involved dad.
4. “The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a father.”
This quote is perfect for showing your husband how much you love him and appreciate all he does for your family. Not only are you lucky to have him as your husband, but your children are even luckier to have him as their father.
5. “Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life.”
Short and sweet, this quote is great for showing your husband how much you love him on Father’s Day.
Want to have a happy marriage? Learn how you can be the best husband using these 10 simple tips.
Funny quotes for fathers day from wives
Dads always appreciate a good laugh! If you want to make your husband laugh on Father’s Day, try one of these hilarious quotes:
1. “You make socks & sandals look cool.”
A funny and sweet quote for a husband and father who always has his own unique sense of style!
2. “Happy Father’s Day to the best husband and father in the world! We love you even when you snore!”
It must be true love if you can still love him even when he snores! This quote is sure to make your husband laugh and feel loved on Father’s Day.
3. “To my loving husband and partner in crime, happy Father’s Day!”
Sometimes it feels like you’re more partners in crime than anything else! If that’s the case, this quote is perfect for your husband.
4. “Fatherhood: All about love, patience, and endless fart jokes.”
This is probably the most accurate quote about fatherhood out there! If your husband loves a good fart joke, he’ll definitely appreciate this one.
5. “Thanks for being an amazing father, even though you’re not nearly as good at it as I am.”
Haha, just kidding (sort of)! This quote is sure to make your husband laugh and feel loved on Father’s Day.
6. “You are an amazing dad for spoiling the kids and leaving it to me to correct them.”
This quote is both funny and sweet, as it shows how loving and supportive your husband is, even though he sometimes spoils the kids!
Although you can always show your husband how much you love and appreciate him all year round, Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to let him know how special he is to you. Use one of these quotes to show your husband how much you care on Father’s Day. If you want more tips about marriages, head over to our guide.
The best relationship books to help you survive and thrive
Whether single or in a relationship, it can be tough to navigate the waters of love. These books offer advice and guidance from experts and real-life couples alike, giving you the tools you need to make your relationship work. These books will surely provide some valuable insights if you are looking for a way to spice up your love life or simply learn how to better communicate with your partner.
- Love: The Psychology of Attraction: A Practical Guide to Successful Dating and a Happy Relationship
- Single, Dating, Engaged, Married: Navigating Life and Love in the Modern Age
- The Power of Four Bases for Relationships: Can You Hit a Home Run in a Relationship?
- Communication and Relationship: A Guide to Deeper Connection, Trust and Intimacy to Improve Communication and Strengthen Your Bond as a Couple
- Couple's Bucket List: 101 Fun, Engaging Dating Ideas
Adamsons, K., & Johnson, S. K. (2013). An updated and expanded meta-analysis of nonresident fathering and child well-being. Journal of family psychology : JFP : journal of the Division of Family Psychology of the American Psychological Association (Division 43), 27(4), 589–599. doi.org ↩︎
Epstein, L. H., Paluch, R. A., Roemmich, J. N., & Beecher, M. D. (2007). Family-based obesity treatment, then and now: twenty-five years of pediatric obesity treatment. Health psychology : official journal of the Division of Health Psychology, American Psychological Association, 26(4), 381–391. doi.org ↩︎
Christopher, C., Saunders, R., Jacobvitz, D., Burton, R., & Hazen, N. (2012). Maternal Empathy and Changes in Mothers’ Permissiveness as Predictors of Toddlers’ Early Social Competence with Peers: A Parenting Intervention Study. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 22(6), 769–778. doi.org ↩︎
Yogman, M.W., Eppel, A.M. (2022). The Role of Fathers in Child and Family Health. In: Grau Grau, M., las Heras Maestro, M., Riley Bowles, H. (eds) Engaged Fatherhood for Men, Families and Gender Equality. Contributions to Management Science. Springer, Cham. doi.org ↩︎